For centuries now, Chinese medicine has included green tea as one of its most important supplements, as green tea benefits a myriad of different facets of health. Green tea is often regarded as weight loss tea because it has a great effect on the body in terms of weight loss for several different reasons. When it comes to losing weight and keeping it off, green tea is one of the most effective supplements that you can utilize for excellent results.
- Weight loss tea can increase your metabolism. Green tea is a natural source of caffeine, making it better than sugar-laden sources like soda pop. Caffeine can help to increase your heart rate, boosting your metabolism and how your body burns calories. The more calories your body needs, the more it will burn, allowing you to lose weight.
- Green tea is a natural fat burner. This increase in metabolism caused by green tea will also cause an increase in your fat burning capabilities. By drinking or otherwise consuming green tea every day, you can consistently increase your body's overall metabolism.
- Weight loss tea aids in glucose regulation. Green tea can naturally help your body regulate its glucose levels. When your glucose levels dip sharply, something that occurs commonly following a meal full of carbohydrates, your body will desperately feel the need for a boost of quick energy. These cravings can be a real problem when you are dieting for the purpose of weight loss. By consuming green tea, however, you can naturally balance your glucose levels which will allow you to avoid these cravings.
- Green tea can help to reduce your appetite. When you consume green tea on a regular basis, your appetite will tend to balance out much more easily. The less hungry you tend to feel from one meal to the next, the less food you will end up eating. This will allow you to lose significantly more weight than if you were feeling hungry all the time. In one study, rats that were injected with green tea consumed as much as 60 percent less food than rats that did not get any green tea.
- Weight loss tea can also aid in overall calorie reduction. Believe it or not, the amount of caffeine in green tea is very similar to what you will experience in your normal morning cup of joe. Unfortunately, most people don't drink their coffee black which means sugar and creamer calories to contend with. If you want to get the same morning burst of energy, substitute your coffee with a fresh cup of green tea instead and you will notice a difference on the scale.
Green tea is one of the most highly researched natural health supplements that is in use today. If you are looking to boost your metabolism naturally, eating less and losing more weight in the process, then you need to look into this natural weight loss tea and what it can do for you.